Posted: December 18, 2011 | |
I’ve been tweeting a lot lately, mostly in tweetchats. In today’s terms, I guess that qualifies me as something of an expert, so here are five thoughts on the subject – tweet-sized, of course, for easy quoting.
- Expressing yourself in a tweet forces you to remove anything that is not absolutely essential to communicating your thought.
- The impact of a tweet is measurable by RTs, and overall value by follows, except when people are ‘gaming’ the tweeconomic system.
- Having a lot of follows does not equate to leadership. You are judged on the merit of what you tweet.
- One tweet will never change the world, but a whole lot of them can create, or reinforce, a true seismic shift.
- Metatweeting is its own reward.
May you have a happy and tweetable holiday season, no matter what you celebrate!